Bun in the Oven!

Alright, a lot of time has passed since my last post.

I just felt like I had nothing else to say, not just about my miscarriage but about me and my life entirely. I guess I just needed to focus on other things.

But I’m back now and I’ve got a bun in the oven! I’m 12 weeks today and so extremely thankful, happy and excited!

So my mom and sister came to visit for 2 weeks March 21-April 1st. Of course they knew that Nick and I were trying again…and might have heard us. Well, I mean we were having fun but it was that certain window of the month and sorry I’m not going to hold back a month just because family is here. We live in a small house, so well…things are bound to be heard.

Fast forward two weeks and it was the day to say goodbye to my mom and Kori. I thought, well I guess I’ll take a test. I mean it’s only the polite thing to do since they heard and knew we were trying. I wasn’t expecting a positive because I didn’t think I was ovulating. Apparently I don’t know my body that well because I was pregnant!

I ran back into our bedroom and told Nick. Then he grabbed the test and went to the guest room to wake Kori up and told/showed her. Then we went downstairs to wake my mom up. She thought it was a joke, April Fool’s Day and all. Nope, I wouldn’t joke about that anyways, especially given my miscarriage.

I saw my Dr. the next day and we did multiple blood tests for a week to make sure my levels were rising. And rising they were! Every third day my HcG levels pretty much tripled. I had slight spotting so she put me on extra progesterone twice a day for 6 weeks (until I was 10 weeks pregnant). It makes you dizzy, on top of the pregnancy symptom of nausea, so the first few weeks were rough. I was exhausted, still am, and just nauseous all.the.time. I haven’t thrown up yet.

I also went on a pre-planned cruise when I was 6 weeks pregnant. Cruise/boat movement+Dizzying progesterone+neasuea=not such a great time. The cruise was fun but I was ready to be back on land and happy to sleep on a non rock-hard bed. My hips were killing me on the cruise. I was thrilled to be back home – the next morning I had my first ultrasound! We, of course, saw the baby, but we heard and saw the heartbeat too!


Above is my Facebook announcement I made at 9 weeks. Pretty much everyone that I am close to knew already at that point, but I couldn’t wait to ‘tell the world’!

I had another ultrasound at 11 weeks and was amazed how much the baby has grown! It looked more like a baby and less like a bean. Such an amazing miracle.

I’ve also opted to do the Nuchal Transparency ultrasound test for Down’s Syndrome, so I will see the baby once more on May 30th!

So far, I’ve been very tired but happily so. I’ve waited so long for this to happen, it feels surreal. I am just so so thankful for every moment, and every milestone that I have with this baby! Cheers to 12 weeks – non alcoholic cheers of course!

Mom - For the record, I didn’t ” hear you” πŸ˜‰ I’m so very happy for you and Nick, and hell for me too!!!!

I love you so much and I love that you have started the journey to motherhood. I have question about the unchallenged testing, but not for your blog. Hugs

Shelly Cunningham - Oh, how I missed your posts! I was just thinking this morning that I was going to tell you to blog something! πŸ™‚ So, thank you!
I am so happy for you that you are pregnant and baby is healthy. You deserve all the happiness in the WORLD!
I was nauseous, without ever throwing up, for 18 weeks with Wyatt. It was so miserable. I am so sorry! All I can say is that eventually it will end (I promise!) and that baby will SO be worth it! I didn’t think it would be possible that the baby would be worth it, but I have to admit, Wyatt’s pretty awesome.
I miss you. I love you!

Jessica - YAY!!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *



Back to Top